Christmas tree train ornaments are a source of never ending amazement among kids and adults, just like those train sets especially designed for riding around the tree. All children at heart – even big kids – love to stare at the brightly colored Christmas train riding around the tree.
Christmas tree train ornaments are source of eternal wonderment
Table of Contents
But you might not have enough space in the house or the budget to buy your very own under the tree train set. In this case, Christmas tree train ornaments will work wonders. These come in different materials, colors, designs and styles. They will brighten up the tree and its decor. Not to mention that they make wonderful gift ideas for train amateurs and collectors.
Glass blown train ornaments
A first type of Christmas tree train ornaments that you will find in stores are made out of hand-blown glass. Most of these decorations are also hand painted, though. This makes them real pieces of artwork and valuable gifts for the train amateurs on your shopping list.
These mouth-blown glass train ornaments come also with a retro look. This design is a delight for everybody’s eyes. And as you can see even the most modern of these engines is a vintage one. Here are some of these cute Christmas trains that you can hang on your tree branches. The range of such ornaments vary from Radko collectibles to Old World ornaments, from Coca-Cola to Marquis by Waterford the well known crystal manufacturer.
Kurt Adler Noble Gems Glass Santa on Train 5.53-piece Christmas Train Handpainted GlassNoble Gems Snowball Express Red Train Glass BlownChristopher Radko Sweet Chuggin’ Along Glass 2014Marquis by Waterford Set of 3Christopher Radko Glass Winter ExpressChristopher Radko Glass Chugga Chugga Woo Woo TrainChristopher Radko All Aboard for Christmas
Waterford Annual 2016 Engine tree ornament made of crystal
Such a type of tree decorating items are a bit harder to find. Because they are rare, they make the perfect gift for a train and crystal collector. Because of the low number of such decorations, I suggest to hurry to buy them, they quickly run out of stock. Above is the 2016 annual crystal train ornaments made by Maquis by Waterford. As you can see it’s a gorgeous ornament that can become a terrific collectible.
Train ornaments made of other materials
Materials different from glass are used to create beautifully crafted trains that you can hang on the tree. From simple to more intricate designs, those embellishments can be found in materials such as:
- Porcelain – some are part of the annual ornaments from big manufactures and are different from year to year. They make great collectibles and thus gifts for amateurs.
- Ceramic bisque – that you can decorate yourself or buy pre-decorated.
- Plastic – which are intricate and colorful.
- Resin – here as well they are generally intricately crafted and come in bright colors.
- Pewter – very classy and stylish ornaments, delicately intricate.
- Tin – these come often with a retro/vintage look.
- Silver (plated or not) – absolutely classy ornaments that will also work wonders as gifts to commemorate a birth or for collectors.
- Wood – painted or kept natural, such decorating items are often conceived with kids in mind and look like real toys. They provide the tree with a very cute appearance.
And more… Happy Christmas!
1 X Thomas Engine OrnamentNutcracker Route Train Lionel #17 2012 Hallmark OrnamentGlitter Silver and Gold Train OrnamentDimensions Counted Cross Stitch, Train OrnamentClay Dough Gingerbread Flat Train Ornaments (set OF 3 Assorted)Personalized Train Wooden OrnamentNEW Disney Store Donald Duck ”Out of ScaleTin Toy Christmas Tree Ornament 12 Designs New Vintage Style Metal Collectible (Train- Red Steam Engine)